Most Active Stories
- Hearing Examiner Rejects PNM's Plan For Coal
- Live Broadcast "Fiestas 2015"
- Headlines: ABQ City Council Withdraws Support For PNM Plan, Reduced Speed Limit On County Roads...
- Policing For Profit: Critics Say Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Unfair
- Headlines: Thousands Mark Anniversary At Trinity Site, Oil & Gas Industry PR Campaign...
Sun May 15, 2011
Youth Leading the Way - Native Health Initiative
Sun. 5/22 at 7pm: We will be highlighting the Native Health Initiative (NHI) youth presentation titled "Youth Leading the Way" at the New Mexico Public Health Association's annual conference on April 27th where High School students present their efforts to create healthier, more sustainable communities.
Youth from the Walatowa Jemez Green stars will be talking about how they created a comprehensive recycling program in their community South Valley Academy High School juniors who serve as peer health educators will talk about a recent wellness event they created at their school, complete with physical fitness activities and educational material.
The Native Health Initiative (NHI) is a partnership which addresses health inequities through loving services. They are the only American Indian partnership in the U.S. that is run by Tribes working with health professions students. NHI also empowers their youth to realize their heritage, their potential, and their power to become leaders.