Most Active Stories
KUNM Call In Show
Wed May 21, 2014
Will NM's Medical Marijuana Program Be Snuffed Out?
KUNM Call In Show Thu. 5/22 8a: New Mexico’s Department of Health has announced proposed rule changes to the state's medical marijuana program. The changes include increased fees for patients and for growers.
Governor Susana Martinez’s administration says the changes are meant to address the shortage of patient medicine, but critics decry the move as the state’s way of killing the program. We’ll talk with experts on medical marijuana about what could happen if the Department of Health approves the proposed changes.
There will be a hearing on the proposed changes on June 16 in Santa Fe.
- Medical Cannabis Rules Repeal and Replacement Hearing
- Monday June 16, 2014, 9:00a-12:00p
- Harold Runnels Building
- 1190 S St. Francis Drive, Santa Fe
We'd like to hear from you! Leave a comment online at the bottom of this page, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call in live during the show.
- Peter St. Cyr, independent journalist, The Santa Fe Reporter
- Erik Briones, medical marijuana producer, Minerva Canna
- Dr. Steven Jenison, former member of Medical Cannabis Advisory Board
KUNM News Update