Most Active Stories
- Hearing Examiner Rejects PNM's Plan For Coal
- Live Broadcast "Fiestas 2015"
- Headlines: ABQ City Council Withdraws Support For PNM Plan, Reduced Speed Limit On County Roads...
- Policing For Profit: Critics Say Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Unfair
- Headlines: Thousands Mark Anniversary At Trinity Site, Oil & Gas Industry PR Campaign...
KUNM Call In Show
Tue May 22, 2012
Why Are So Many New Mexicans Dying from Prescription Drug Overdoses?
KUNM Call In Show 5/24 8a: The number of people in New Mexico who died from prescription drug overdoses shot up by over 60% over the last decade. What are local authorities doing to stop this trend? Why such a quick increase? What causes the increase in sales of prescription drugs? We'd like to hear from you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org, leave a comment online, or call in live during the show.
Guests: Mayor Richard Berry, City of Albuquerque; Michael Landen, Acting Director of the Public Health Division of the Department of Health; Jennifer Weiss, Heroin Awareness Committee