Most Active Stories
- Immigrant Detention Center Not Approved By State For Childcare
- Shifting Gears On Bike Safety
- Mothers Fight Stigma Of Drug Addiction
- Headlines: Santa Fe Decriminalizes Pot, Police Shooting Contest Opposed...
- Headlines: Ballot May Not Fit ABQ Proposals, No Injuries From Gunfire Near UNM Campus And More...
Public Health New Mexico
Wed June 4, 2014
VA Town Hall on Saturday
Members of New Mexico's congressional delegation have lots of questions for officials with the New Mexico Veterans Affairs health care system, but the answers have been few.
And more concerns are being raised by U.S. Rep. Michele Lujan Grisham following revelations that thousands of veterans were left in limbo by being assigned to a doctor who didn't actually see patients.
The New Mexico Democrat has asked for the results of an internal review of the New Mexico VA, but local officials have yet to comply.
Lujan Grisham is hosting a town hall Saturday in Albuquerque to address allegations that the New Mexico VA manipulated wait times and delayed care for thousands of veterans.
The state's delegation is also awaiting the results of an audit done by regional VA officials.