Most Active Stories
- Hearing Examiner Rejects PNM's Plan For Coal
- Live Broadcast "Fiestas 2015"
- Headlines: ABQ City Council Withdraws Support For PNM Plan, Reduced Speed Limit On County Roads...
- Headlines: Thousands Mark Anniversary At Trinity Site, Oil & Gas Industry PR Campaign...
- Policing For Profit: Critics Say Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Unfair
KUNM News Update
Tue January 14, 2014
Two Students Hospitalized After Shooting At Roswell Middle School
Two students have been hospitalized after a gunman opened fire at a New Mexico middle school Tuesday morning.
The shooting occurred at a Roswell Middle School in eastern New Mexico when students gathered in the gym to get out of the weather and a 12-year-old suspect brought what's presumed to be a shotgun to school.
"This individual opened fire on the audience that was in the gym," Said New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez. "At this time we can confirm that two students were injured, a boy and a girl, as well as a school staff member."
According to hospital officials, the boy is listed in critical condition while the girl is reported to be in serious condition.
Authorities say no motive has been established in the incident, and that the student suspect stopped shooting when a staff member intervened and asked him to put down the firearm.