Most Active Stories
- Nurse Says She Lost Her Job For Speaking Out
- Headlines: Governor Endorses High-Level Nuclear Waste Storage, NMHU Tuition Hike...
- The Hunt For The Source Of Four Corners Methane
- Headlines: Jon Jones Stripped Of UFC Title, Train Crew Jumped, Pharmacy Robberies...
- Health Concerns Overshadow Albuquerque Trash Proposal
Espejos de Aztlan
Fri October 12, 2012
The tower of Il Serrohe, new book by RJ Mirabal
Mon. 10/15 7p: RJ Mirabal will be interviewed by host Henry Gonzales about his newly published book: "The Tower of Il Serrohe" pulls the reader into the deteriorating life of Don Vargas, thrown out of the house by his promiscuous wife. He lands in a dilapidated adobe casita in the Valle Abajo, a valley strangely like and unlike his own Rio Grande Valley, Albuquerque. The casita serves as a portal into an unknown world, a parallel to the present existence.
RJ Mirabal is a retired High School teacher, he taught English and Literature. After several years, he finally published this book, interwoven with themes of New Mexico culture and "life, the Earth, the Universe and Heaven".