Most Active Stories
- Voices Behind The Vote: Who's Talking About Immigrants Held In Artesia?
- LISTEN: All That "Other Stuff" On Your Ballot - Amendments, Advisory Questions, Bond Issues
- Voices Behind The Vote: Climate Change Drives Conservative To Polls
- Headlines: Missing Evidence, Min Wage in Las Cruces, Pot Bust, Death Sentence Appeals...
- New Mexico's Education Performance Ranked Last In The Nation
Thu November 17, 2011
Top Stories: Occupy Wall Street Day Of Action; Penn State Scandal
Occupy Wall Street protesters in New York have begun what they say will be a day full of marches, civil disobedience and other actions aimed at — this is their goal — shutting down Wall Street.
Eyder is there to follow the story as it develops. His posts from the streets are being collected here.
Our other early-morning headlines:
Other top stories of the morning include:
-- "Arab League Offers Reprieve For Syria" As Death Toll Rises. (The New York Times)
-- "Chu To Present Strong Defense Of Solyndra Loan Guarantee." (The Washington Post)
-- White House Gun Suspect Reportedly "Obsessed With Obama." (CBS News)
-- "Jesmyn Ward's Salvage Wins National Book Award." (The Associated Press)