Most Active Stories
- Hearing Examiner Rejects PNM's Plan For Coal
- Live Broadcast "Fiestas 2015"
- Headlines: ABQ City Council Withdraws Support For PNM Plan, Reduced Speed Limit On County Roads...
- Policing For Profit: Critics Say Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Unfair
- Headlines: Thousands Mark Anniversary At Trinity Site, Oil & Gas Industry PR Campaign...
Wed November 4, 2009
Tony Hillerman's Daughter Examines the Landscapes that Inspired His Work
The setting of a book can be just as important as the story itself. Author Tony Hillerman was known for his Navajo Tribal Police mystery novels.
His daughter Anne Hillerman has a new book out that she and her husband, photographer Don Stel, started working on before Hillerman passed away last year.
"Tony Hilerman's Landscapes" includes pictures from around the Navajo Nation, excerpts from Tony's books and writing from Anne Hillerman.
Anne recently came to the KUNM studios to talk about how the roads and geography of the Navajo Nation influenced her father's work.
KUNM's Sarah Gustavus first asked if the places in her father's books are real sites that people can visit.