KUNM Call In Show Thu. 3/10 8a: New Mexico's Supreme Court created a new set of rules aimed at clearing a backlog of cases in Bernalillo County's criminal justice system. But there's been pushback from folks who say the new deadlines are tough to meet.
What do you think? Have you ever waited in jail for months before a trial? Have you been hurt by someone who got off easy under the new rules? We'd like to hear from you! Email email@example.com or call in live during the show.
- Arthur Pepin, Director for Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC)
- Kari Brandenburg, Second Judicial District Attorney
- Jeff Rein, Public Defender's Office
- Sergeant Liz Thompson of Albuquerque's Police Department
- Kelly Bradford, Adult Detention Reform Coordinator for Bernalillo County
- Albuquerque Journal: New Mexico Court OKs Changes to Speedy Trial Rule
- KRQE News: New Mexico Court Approves Changes to Speedy Trail Rule
- KOAT 7: Supreme Court's Orders Meant to Alleviate Jail Overcrowding, Case Backlog
- New Mexico Judiciary Financial Report for 2015: Case Management Order