Most Active Stories
- Voices Behind The Vote: Who's Talking About Immigrants Held In Artesia?
- LISTEN: All That "Other Stuff" On Your Ballot - Amendments, Advisory Questions, Bond Issues
- Voices Behind The Vote: Climate Change Drives Conservative To Polls
- Headlines: Missing Evidence, Min Wage in Las Cruces, Pot Bust, Death Sentence Appeals...
- Headlines: Navajo Nation Rethinks Election, Molotov At ABQ Mosque, Unemployment Fraud In NM...
KUNM Call In Show
Tue August 5, 2014
Seeing Inside APD: Albuquerque Police And Public Records
KUNM Call In Show Thu. 8/7 8a: This spring New Mexicans, and many people across the U.S., were shocked by a video that showed a homeless camper being shot by police who were trying to bring him out of the Albuquerque foothills. While the video sparked controversy over police tactics it also highlighted the ongoing tension between law enforcement agencies, the media and the public.
How much information about police work should the public be able to see? How can we balance concerns about public safety with the duty of the media to hold those in power accountable for their actions?
Join us for a conversation about public records and the Albuquerque Police Department.
- Gwyneth Doland
- Susan Boe, Executive Director of the New Mexico Foundation for Open Government
- Margaret Wright, Managing Editor of NMCompass.com
- Jeff Proctor - Investigative Reporter at KRQE-TV
We'd like to hear from you! Email email@example.com, post your comments online, or call in live during the show!
KUNM News Update
KUNM Call-In Show
Public Health New Mexico