Report Card: Healthcare Exchange Enrollment
KUNM Call In Show Thur. 11/7 8a : The insurance exchange has gone live, but critics say it's on life-support. Is it fair to judge the program after only five weeks?
Is the Affordable Care Act working for you? How will it affect your family? What about local businesses? Have you been able to enroll online, over the phone, or in person? How can you get help navigating the new system? There are so many questions about this innovative legislation that are still unanswered, but we’ll try to help.
Five providers will offer insurance plans on the New Mexico exchange:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield New Mexico
- United Healthcare
- Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Lovelace Health System
- New Mexico Health Connections
We’ll have representatives from New Mexico Health Connections as well as the State Superintendent of Insurance and a healthcare advocate to discuss Obamacare and the first few weeks of enrollment.
The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation:
- Understanding Health Reform
- Watch this brief video from The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation (6:53)
- Subsidy Calculator from The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation