Most Active Stories
- Hearing Examiner Rejects PNM's Plan For Coal
- Live Broadcast "Fiestas 2015"
- Headlines: ABQ City Council Withdraws Support For PNM Plan, Reduced Speed Limit On County Roads...
- Headlines: Thousands Mark Anniversary At Trinity Site, Oil & Gas Industry PR Campaign...
- Policing For Profit: Critics Say Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Unfair
Wed June 27, 2012
Officials to close bosque in three counties
High fire danger has prompted officials to close the wooded area along the Rio Grande in Sandoval, Valencia and Socorro counties.
The closure will take effect Friday morning. The area will remain closed until further notice.
With a full closure, all paths and ditch roads near the bosque will be off limits.
Officials with the Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District say law enforcement and fire agencies in the three counties will be working to enforce the closure order.
The conservancy district's fire restrictions also remain in effect in the bosque in Bernalillo County and the city of Albuquerque. Those restrictions prohibit smoking, fireworks or any other possible spark-emitting devices anywhere near the area.
Bernalillo County and the city will be imposing a partial closure for their section of the bosque Friday. The paths and levee roads will remain open.