Most Active Stories
- Searching For Answers On Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- LISTEN: All That "Other Stuff" On Your Ballot - Amendments, Advisory Questions, Bond Issues
- Headlines: Gila River Lawsuit, Virgin Galactic, APD Oversight Board, Plague...
- New Mexico's Education Performance Ranked Last In The Nation
- OneBeat Brings Global Collaboration to Albuquerque
Tue September 27, 2011
Obama To Heckler: 'I Agree Jesus Christ Is The Lord'
Originally published on Tue September 27, 2011 11:01 am
A man shouting "Jesus Christ is God!" interrupted President Obama's address at a fundraiser in Los Angeles last night.
He began by shouting that the "Christian God is the one and only true living God." Then he added that "Jesus Christ is God!" Others in attendance tried to overcome the interruption by chanting "four more years!"
According to David Nakamura of The Washington Post, who was among the "pool" reporters covering the event, as the man was being removed from the event he added that "Barack Obama is the Antichrist!"
During the incident, as you can see in this Associated Press video, the president smiled and waited. As the man was being led out, Obama said "first of all, I agree Jesus Christ is the Lord. I believe in that." Then, the president expressed concern about whether "the young man left his jacket." As it turned out, the jacket belonged to a woman in the audience.
Also during the event at the House of Blues, ABC News' Political Punch blog reports:
"Another far more friendly heckler shouted, 'Don't forget medical marijuana!' as Obama touted health care reform.
" 'Thank you for that.' the president responded.
"That man was allowed to remain in the event."