Most Active Stories
- Searching For Answers On Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Headlines: Navajo Presidential Candidate To Appeal, CDC Expert Talks Ebola At UNM, And More
- LISTEN: All That "Other Stuff" On Your Ballot - Amendments, Advisory Questions, Bond Issues
- LISTEN: First District Congressional Debate Between Lujan Grisham And Frese
- Think Tank: Why Can't Patients Compare Prices?
Tue November 6, 2012
Heinrich Wins Open U.S. Senate Seat
Former U.S. Rep. Martin Heinrich delivered his acceptance speech for the Senate seat that Jeff Bingaman, also a Democrat who has served a total of five terms, is vacating.
At the Republican Party of New Mexico's election headquarters at a hotel a few blocks away, former congresswoman Heather Wilson delivered her concession speech, wishing Heinrich a successful term in office and asking him to hold up the promises he's made to NM voters.
KUNM host Elaine Baumgartel, who has been delivering live coverage of local races since 6 p.m., called Wilson's speech "classy."
With 99 percent of the vote currently counted, Heinrich leads Wilson 51-45 percent.