KUNM Call In Show 8/25 8a:
Students are back in classrooms across New Mexico. In the coming year, teachers and administrators will have to make decisions about how to discipline students. Is discipline fair in school districts across the state? Are all students treated the same when they are disciplined? Do you have concerns about how your children or grandchildren are being disciplined during the school day? How can we ensure that punishment in schools is equitable, particularly for students of color and students with disabilities?
We'd like to hear from you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call in live during the show.
- Matthew Bernstein, Staff Attorney with Pegasus Legal Group
- Lynette Torivo, parent and former Board Member of Education For Parents of Indian Children with Special Needs
- Katie Stone, Legislative Chair for the New Mexico Autism Society
- Arthur Bell, parent of a four year old and seven year old
- Esteli Juarez, parent, attorney and author "Revolutionary Motherhood"
- Tony Monfiletto, Director of New Mexico Center For School Leadership