Most Active Stories
- Searching For Answers On Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- LISTEN: All That "Other Stuff" On Your Ballot - Amendments, Advisory Questions, Bond Issues
- Headlines: Gila River Lawsuit, Virgin Galactic, APD Oversight Board, Plague...
- New Mexico's Education Performance Ranked Last In The Nation
- Headlines: AZ Behavioral Health Firm Not Viable, Gubernatorial Debate...
Espejos de Aztlán
Mon May 19, 2014
DIGITAL LATIN AMERICA & "Florcita Andina"
Mon. 2 June, 7p: From the deepest corners of Latin America we enter the digital world. Access into the digital age modifies, creates feedback and opens new perspectives on art and folklore in Latin America.
To sample we need a window. Sisa Toaquiza, Flor de los Andes (Flower of the Andes), an indigenous singer, a Tiqua from the Ecuadorean Highlands, shows how access to the internet and digital media permits an artist to reach a global audience from the farthest reaches of our American continents.
On Espejos de Aztlán we present, the Digital Latin America Symposium that is scheduled for June 7th and 8th in Albuquerque, NM. It is organized by 516 Arts in collaboration with the Albuquerque Museum of Art and History, the National Hispanic Cultural Center, and the University of New Mexico.
- Teresa BUSCEMI (Program Coordinator, 516 ARTS)
- UNM PROFESSORS : Drs. Enrique Lamadrid and Miguel Gandert
More information about DIGITAL LATIN AMERICA SYMPOSIUM: http://goo.gl/UQeR2L