Most Active Stories
- Hearing Examiner Rejects PNM's Plan For Coal
- Live Broadcast "Fiestas 2015"
- Headlines: ABQ City Council Withdraws Support For PNM Plan, Reduced Speed Limit On County Roads...
- Headlines: Thousands Mark Anniversary At Trinity Site, Oil & Gas Industry PR Campaign...
- Policing For Profit: Critics Say Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Unfair
Sun December 23, 2012
Department Of Workforce Solutions To Unveil New Website
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —The New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions will unveil its new website on Jan. 6.
The new site will allow thousands of unemployed people to electronically track their claims. It will also help thousands of employers manage their employment insurance taxes.
"We are modernizing all of our business processes," said Celina Bussey, secretary of the Department of Workforce Solutions. "We are embracing technology."
"It is the first time that employers are going to have real-time access and online access to managing their accounts," Bussey added.
One of the goals of the website is to cut down on the waiting time for an unemployment claim to be approved or declined.
"We imagine that we will be eliminating not just days, but weeks off of delay," said Bussey.
The new website is also designed to cut down on overpayment of unemployment benefits.
"This is just going to make us so much better at what we do," Bussey said. "People are going to feel good about calling the department again and knowing that things are moving so much faster."