Most Active Stories
- Voices Behind The Vote: Who's Talking About Immigrants Held In Artesia?
- LISTEN: All That "Other Stuff" On Your Ballot - Amendments, Advisory Questions, Bond Issues
- Voices Behind The Vote: Climate Change Drives Conservative To Polls
- Headlines: Missing Evidence, Min Wage in Las Cruces, Pot Bust, Death Sentence Appeals...
- Headlines: Navajo Nation Rethinks Election, Molotov At ABQ Mosque, Unemployment Fraud In NM...
Fri March 19, 2010
Conservative New Mexican speaks out for health care reform
By Sarah Gustavus
Albuquerque, NM – The US House expected to vote soon on health care overhaul legislation. It's been a contentious issue across the country, and many debates have been divided along party lines.
One New Mexican says it doesn't have to be that way.
Jim Spiri is a combat photographer and resident of Albuquerque. He's also a long time conservative who volunteered for John McCain during his run for president.
Spiri told KUNM's Sarah Gustavus that he's behind the Obama administration when it comes to health care reform. He says one reason was a tragedy in his own family.