Most Active Stories
- PHOTOS: Lawyers Describe Fear Of Retaliation At Detention Center In Artesia
- Headlines: ABQ Marijuana Ballot Measure, Hazing Allegations At UNM And More...
- Headlines: Bishops Criticize Food Stamp Plan, Santa Fe Closer To Legal Marijuana And More...
- Immigrant Detention Center Not Approved By State For Childcare
- Headlines: Ballot May Not Fit ABQ Proposals, No Injuries From Gunfire Near UNM Campus And More...
-KUNM Studio Sessions
Mon March 24, 2014
Balkan Folk Music from Rumelia
Recorded on March 21, this edition features the Balkan sounds of Santa Fe's Rumelia. After recording their debut CD "Lost and Found" the group has expanded their repertoire of traditional songs from Southern and Eastern Europe and the Balkans to over 200 pieces. Performing currently as a quartet, Rumelia played for us in this trio format.
Alicia Shaw: lead vocals, dumbek
Sitara Schauer: parlor guitar, violin, vocals
Deborah Ungar: accordion, clarinets, vocals
Engineered by Roman Garcia with Marshall Broyles
Camera/Video by Jefferson White
Find out more about this group at www.rumeliamusic.com