Most Active Stories
- Headlines: DOE Goes To WIPP, Future Of The Gila River And More...
- PHOTOS: Lawyers Describe Fear Of Retaliation At Detention Center In Artesia
- Headlines: Bishops Criticize Food Stamp Plan, Santa Fe Closer To Legal Marijuana And More...
- Headlines: UNM Reinstates Accused Players, Medical Marijuana Changes And More...
- Headlines: Hazing Allegations At UNM, ABQ Marijuana Ballot Measure And More...
Around the Nation
Tue August 21, 2012
10-Year-Old Son Gets Dad Help For Bee Stings
Originally published on Wed August 22, 2012 7:01 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Underoos are those underwear for kids that look like superhero costumes. Well, one hero in Michigan did not have to pretend. Ten-year-old A.J. Hieber found his father sobbing in the bathroom. Turns out his severely allergic dad had been stung by bees while mowing the lawn. A.J. jumped on his bike in plain old underwear. He rode several blocks and found his mom. Neighbors were a bit surprised by the whole scene, but A.J.'s dad said his brave young son saved his life. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.