Most Active Stories
- Hearing Examiner Rejects PNM's Plan For Coal
- Live Broadcast "Fiestas 2015"
- Headlines: ABQ City Council Withdraws Support For PNM Plan, Reduced Speed Limit On County Roads...
- Policing For Profit: Critics Say Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Unfair
- Headlines: Thousands Mark Anniversary At Trinity Site, Oil & Gas Industry PR Campaign...
Wed October 26, 2011
Women Victims of Rape in the Military
Sat. 10/15 12p: Former Marine Corps Captain Anu Bhagwati is bringing national attention to the high price women pay to serve our country.
Bhagwati's leadership of the Service Women's Action Network (SWAN) is sparking a demand to end military rape, sexual assault, sexual harassment and domestic violence. She has testified before Congress and advised the White House about challenges faced by women due to policies on Women in Combat Exclusion; Don't Ask, Don't Tell; Military Sexual Trauma and health care of veterans. She spoke to Susan Loubet for Women's Focus just after giving her perspective on Women Participating in War at this year's JAWS (Journalism and Women Symposium) conference.