Most Active Stories
- Searching For Answers On Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- LISTEN: All That "Other Stuff" On Your Ballot - Amendments, Advisory Questions, Bond Issues
- Headlines: Gila River Lawsuit, Virgin Galactic, APD Oversight Board, Plague...
- New Mexico's Education Performance Ranked Last In The Nation
- Headlines: AZ Behavioral Health Firm Not Viable, Gubernatorial Debate...
Fri March 26, 2010
U.S. Sen. Tom Udall (D-NM) reflects on health care overhaul
By Jim Williams
Albuquerque, NM – Proponents of the health care overhaul are talking up the changes that will take place over the next six months.
Among them, tax relief for small businesses for providing insurance, a band on insurers dropping coverage when patients get sick, wellness and prevention benefits extended to seniors without cost-sharing or deductibles, and the removal of lifetime limits on benefits.