Most Active Stories
- Headlines: Navajo Settlement, Juntos New Mexico Petition, Rodella, Jewish Survey...
- Dairy Workers Accused Of Animal Abuse
- First Ever Sex Week at UNM
- Headlines: Sheriff Convicted, EPA Approves Energy Plan, Navajo Supreme Court Weighs In On Election
- Special Coverage: NM Secretary Of State, Attorney Gereral Candidates Face Off
Sun September 4, 2011
Taken: How Will They Be Remembered?
Sun. 9/11 at 6pm: On the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attack we reprise this piece, a one act musical that provides a very personal depiction of the 9/11 tragedy. The script follows the life of Drew and Jenny, two young investment bankers whose life together begins and ends at the Twin Towers, along with several other characters.
The music and lyrics are melodic and touching and add a unique and special dimension to the story. The playwright has sought to capture the import of this tragedy through the eyes of people who lived it and, importantly, to allow the audience to experience how those involved felt during and immediately after this event. By Charles Moster.
This piece had its world premiere on KUNM's Radio Theatre in September, 2007. It will be followed by selections from Story Corps about 9/11.