Most Active Stories
- Immigrant Detention Center Not Approved By State For Childcare
- Shifting Gears On Bike Safety
- Mothers Fight Stigma Of Drug Addiction
- Headlines: Santa Fe Decriminalizes Pot, Police Shooting Contest Opposed...
- Headlines: Ballot May Not Fit ABQ Proposals, No Injuries From Gunfire Near UNM Campus And More...
Thu November 12, 2009
Single-Sex Education: Fix or Folly?
In the last eight years the number of U.S. public schools offering all-boys or all-girls classes has skyrocketed from about 11 to well over 500. So far, very few of those are in New Mexico. Supporters say, with boys falling behind, single sex education is an issue of social justice. Others say it's nothing short of illegal.
KUNM's Sidsel Overgaard reports.