Most Active Stories
- Hearing Examiner Rejects PNM's Plan For Coal
- Live Broadcast "Fiestas 2015"
- Headlines: ABQ City Council Withdraws Support For PNM Plan, Reduced Speed Limit On County Roads...
- Policing For Profit: Critics Say Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Unfair
- Headlines: Thousands Mark Anniversary At Trinity Site, Oil & Gas Industry PR Campaign...
Thu November 12, 2009
Single-Sex Education: Fix or Folly?
In the last eight years the number of U.S. public schools offering all-boys or all-girls classes has skyrocketed from about 11 to well over 500. So far, very few of those are in New Mexico. Supporters say, with boys falling behind, single sex education is an issue of social justice. Others say it's nothing short of illegal.
KUNM's Sidsel Overgaard reports.