Most Active Stories
- Hearing Examiner Rejects PNM's Plan For Coal
- Live Broadcast "Fiestas 2015"
- Headlines: ABQ City Council Withdraws Support For PNM Plan, Reduced Speed Limit On County Roads...
- Policing For Profit: Critics Say Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Unfair
- Headlines: Thousands Mark Anniversary At Trinity Site, Oil & Gas Industry PR Campaign...
Native America Calling
Tue July 17, 2012
Santa Clara Pueblo - Las Conchas Fire Gone, Damage Continues
Fri. 7/20 11a : Just over a week ago the Pueblo of Santa Clara in New Mexico declared a state of emergency due to recent flooding and damage as a result of last year’s Las Conchas Fire. They are not the only tribe that is feeling the burn of major fires from months and years gone by. Over the years, devastating fires have not only wiped out wildlife, vegetation and landscapes but, they have also changed and challenged the environments and cultures of many tribes. How have Native nations faced flames even after they have been extinguished? What damages are still creating havoc on Native home fronts? Has fire damage jolted your tribal life? Guests include Santa Clara Pueblo Governor Walter Dasheno