Most Active Stories
- Searching For Answers On Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- LISTEN: All That "Other Stuff" On Your Ballot - Amendments, Advisory Questions, Bond Issues
- Headlines: Gila River Lawsuit, Virgin Galactic, APD Oversight Board, Plague...
- New Mexico's Education Performance Ranked Last In The Nation
- Headlines: State Land Office Nears Record, APD Shooting Probe, 42 Arrested In Drug Bust...
Thu March 21, 2013
Same Sex Marriage Heats Up In New Mexico
You may recall that on Monday the Mayor and City Attorney of Santa Fe released legal analysis stating that same-sex marriage is legal in New Mexico, encouraging County Clerks to issue same-sex marriage licenses and urging couples to apply for them. Since then the ACLU of New Mexico filed a lawsuit against Bernalillo County Clerk, Maggie Toulouse Oliver, for denying marriage licenses to same sex couples. Chip Hindi and Paul Sanchez have been together for over six years. They are one of a handful of couples who've applied for the license thus far. Here is their story...