Is Same Sex Marriage Coming To New Mexico?
KUNM Call In Show Thu. 3/28 8a: Last week, Santa Fe officials announced they believed same-sex marriage is legal under current New Mexico law. The ACLU-New Mexico has filed a lawsuit on behalf of several same sex couples who were denied marriage licenses in Bernalillo County. Meanwhile, the US Supreme Court hears arguments in two same sex marriage cases this week.
We'd like to hear from you! Should same sex couples in New Mexico be able to get married? Is it just a matter of time, or are there serious obstacles to marriage equality here? Email email@example.com, post your comments online, or call in live during the show.
- 277-5866 (locally in Albuquerque)
- 877-899-5866 (toll-free)
- Steve Robert Allen, ACLU-NM
- Daniel Ivey-Soto, New Mexico Association of County Clerks
- Geno Zamora, Santa Fe City Attorney
- Glen Strock, Pastor Pecos Valley Cowboy Church