Most Active Stories
- Immigrant Detention Center Not Approved By State For Childcare
- Shifting Gears On Bike Safety
- Mothers Fight Stigma Of Drug Addiction
- Headlines: Ballot May Not Fit ABQ Proposals, No Injuries From Gunfire Near UNM Campus And More...
- Headlines: Santa Fe Decriminalizes Pot, Police Shooting Contest Opposed...
Mon November 21, 2011
Reports: Egyptian Cabinet Members Submit Resignations
From NPR's Soraya Sarhaddi Nelson and The Associated Press, both in Cairo:
State TV in Egypt is reporting that Prime Minister Essam Sharaf and his cabinet have submitted their resignations to the nation's military council.
It isn't known, Soraya says, whether the interim government's resignations will be accepted.
That news comes, of course, after three days of protests and violent crackdowns on dissent in Cairo's Tahrir Square.
We'll add to this post as the story develops.