KUNM Call In Show Thu. 8/28 8a:
Images from protests in Ferguson, Missouri have outlined the reality of racial inequality and police militarization throughout the United States. We'll continue last week's conversation and ask law enforcement officials, does this create an "us v. them" mindset for police? What about in communities?
We'd like to hear from you - email email@example.com, post your comments online or call in live during the show.
- Paul Heh, Albuquerque Police Department veteran
- Norm Stamper, former Chief of the Seattle Police Department
- Patrick Hayes, Sgt. Varnell Police Department in Georgia
- Running for mayor: Ex-APD officer blunt in calling for change - The Albuquerque Journal
- Seattle police chief during WTO unrest appalled by Ferguson violence - Los Angeles Times
- The Officer-Involved Shooting and Police Response in Ferguson: A Law Enforcement Perspective - Patrick Hayes