Most Active Stories
- Hearing Examiner Rejects PNM's Plan For Coal
- Live Broadcast "Fiestas 2015"
- Headlines: ABQ City Council Withdraws Support For PNM Plan, Reduced Speed Limit On County Roads...
- Policing For Profit: Critics Say Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Unfair
- Headlines: Thousands Mark Anniversary At Trinity Site, Oil & Gas Industry PR Campaign...
Espejos de Aztlan
Fri July 12, 2013
Project Feed the Hood
Mon. 7/15 7p: Organizers from the Southwest Organizing Project (SWOP) will discuss their community food justice initiative, “Project Feed the Hood”. Project Feed the Hood is a food literacy and community gardening initiative that aims to improve community health through education and revival of traditional growing methods that are both sustainable and culturally relevant. The SWOP gardeners maintain a large seed library and host many workshops to assist community members, schools, and other community groups seeking to grow food and build healthy communities and lifestyles all over the state of NM.