Most Active Stories
- PHOTOS: Lawyers Describe Fear Of Retaliation At Detention Center In Artesia
- Headlines: ABQ Marijuana Ballot Measure, Hazing Allegations At UNM And More...
- Immigrant Detention Center Not Approved By State For Childcare
- Shifting Gears On Bike Safety
- Headlines: Ballot May Not Fit ABQ Proposals, No Injuries From Gunfire Near UNM Campus And More...
Espejos de Aztlan
Fri July 12, 2013
Project Feed the Hood
Mon. 7/15 7p: Organizers from the Southwest Organizing Project (SWOP) will discuss their community food justice initiative, “Project Feed the Hood”. Project Feed the Hood is a food literacy and community gardening initiative that aims to improve community health through education and revival of traditional growing methods that are both sustainable and culturally relevant. The SWOP gardeners maintain a large seed library and host many workshops to assist community members, schools, and other community groups seeking to grow food and build healthy communities and lifestyles all over the state of NM.