Most Active Stories
- Voices Behind The Vote: Who's Talking About Immigrants Held In Artesia?
- LISTEN: All That "Other Stuff" On Your Ballot - Amendments, Advisory Questions, Bond Issues
- Voices Behind The Vote: Climate Change Drives Conservative To Polls
- Headlines: Missing Evidence, Min Wage in Las Cruces, Pot Bust, Death Sentence Appeals...
- Headlines: Navajo Nation Rethinks Election, Molotov At ABQ Mosque, Unemployment Fraud In NM...
Mon October 29, 2012
Other News: Giants Win World Series; Syrian 'Ceasefire' Ending
While we continue to monitor Hurricane Sandy, we wanted to pass on some of the morning's other top headlines:
-- Giants Sweep The Tigers: In Detroit last night, San Francisco won 4-3 in the 10th inning. As NPR's Mike Pesca reported on Morning Edition, the Giants' pitching and strong defensive play dominated throughout the series.
Update at 8:15 a.m. ET. Our colleagues at KQED in San Francisco pass along word about two posts they've published:
-- Presidential Race: "Lawyers Gird For Possible Recounts." (Politico)
-- Assad Regime's Jets Bomb Parts Of Damascus On Last Day Of "Ceasefire." (BBC News)
-- Publishers Penguin And Random House To Combine. (The Wall Street Journal)
-- " BBC Opens Inquiry Into Savile Sex Abuse Case." (The New York Times)