Most Active Stories
- Searching For Answers On Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- LISTEN: All That "Other Stuff" On Your Ballot - Amendments, Advisory Questions, Bond Issues
- Headlines: Gila River Lawsuit, Virgin Galactic, APD Oversight Board, Plague...
- New Mexico's Education Performance Ranked Last In The Nation
- Headlines: State Land Office Nears Record, APD Shooting Probe, 42 Arrested In Drug Bust...
Tue May 29, 2012
No Way She'll Run For Senate In 2016, Michelle Obama Says
The New York Times' Frank Bruni floated the idea, saying he'd heard "a vague murmuring" about Michelle Obama running for the Senate from Illinois in 2016.
Of course, another Democratic first lady — Hillary Rodham Clinton — once said to Larry King that "when we got toward the end of the White House years, and people started asking me to run for the Senate — and very knowledgeable, politically sophisticated people — I said 'no, that's absurd, that's ridiculous, I'm not going to do that.' "
Clinton was elected to the Senate from New York State in 2000.
Michelle Obama is making the rounds of media outlets to talk about her latest project, a book called American Grown. As Morning Edition reported, it's a diary of that garden through the seasons and a portrait of gardening in America, past and present.
On that topic, our friends at The Salt wonder "How Do Your Dinnertime Rules Compare To The Obamas'?"
For much more on the world of politics, check It's All Politics.