Most Active Stories
- Searching For Answers On Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Headlines: Navajo Presidential Candidate To Appeal, CDC Expert Talks Ebola At UNM, And More
- LISTEN: All That "Other Stuff" On Your Ballot - Amendments, Advisory Questions, Bond Issues
- Headlines: Mora County To Reconsider Drilling Ban, Balloon Fiesta Wraps Up, New Wind Farm, And More
- Headlines: Gila River Lawsuit, Virgin Galactic, APD Oversight Board, Plague...
Thu April 18, 2013
NM Author Says Treasure Chest Is Still Out There
An art and antiques dealer who claims he hid a chest of treasure somewhere in the southern Rocky Mountains north of Santa Fe says it's still out there.
Forrest Fenn spoke to an audience of several hundred people at a Santa Fe bookstore on Wednesday.
According to the Albuquerque Journal (http://bit.ly/11gGbEP ), Fenn said two separate groups of treasure-hunters interpreted the first two clues correctly and came within 500 feet of the treasure.
But he said both groups ended up walking by the treasure without finding it.
Fenn has said he packed the chest with hundreds of rare gold coins and gold nuggets as well as pre-Columbian animal figures and other valuables such as antique jewelry with rubies and emeralds.