Most Active Stories
- Hearing Examiner Rejects PNM's Plan For Coal
- Live Broadcast "Fiestas 2015"
- Headlines: ABQ City Council Withdraws Support For PNM Plan, Reduced Speed Limit On County Roads...
- Policing For Profit: Critics Say Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Unfair
- Headlines: Thousands Mark Anniversary At Trinity Site, Oil & Gas Industry PR Campaign...
Fri June 14, 2013
News Update Friday June 14th
NM Investment Funds Up Nearly $2B In Quarter - The Associated Press
A legislative report shows New Mexico's endowment and pension funds grew by nearly $1.9 billion during the first quarter of the year.
The Legislative Finance Committee reports that the Public Employees Retirement Association had investment returns of 5.4 percent during the first three months of the year, with pension fund assets of $13 billion.
The Educational Retirement Board had quarterly returns of nearly 4 percent, with assets of $10 billion at the end of March.
Investment returns were almost 5 percent for the Land Grant Permanent Fund and 4.6 percent for the Severance Tax Permanent Fund. They had combined assets of $16 billion.
Three-year returns for each of the funds ranged from about 8 percent to 9 percent.
Combined fund asset values increased $1.9 billion in the quarter.