Most Active Stories
- PHOTOS: Lawyers Describe Fear Of Retaliation At Detention Center In Artesia
- Headlines: ABQ Marijuana Ballot Measure, Hazing Allegations At UNM And More...
- Headlines: Bishops Criticize Food Stamp Plan, Santa Fe Closer To Legal Marijuana And More...
- Headlines: Artesia Immigrant March, Ginsberg On Gender Bias
- Headlines: Ballot May Not Fit ABQ Proposals, No Injuries From Gunfire Near UNM Campus And More...
The Conservation Beat
Mon December 26, 2011
New Mexico Birders Contribute to Citizen Science
Every year around this time, New Mexico birders have the opportunity to take part in a nationwide ritual known as the Christmas Bird Count. Organized by The Audubon Society, it’s the longest running citizen-science survey in the world. The survey goes on for weeks, with birders covering different parts of the state each day. This morning, dozens of people pulled on their warmest boots to catalog birds in the Sandia Mountains. KUNM’s Conservation Beat reporter, Sidsel Overgaard, tagged along with one group and has this story.
more on our blog: earth air waves