Most Active Stories
- Hearing Examiner Rejects PNM's Plan For Coal
- Live Broadcast "Fiestas 2015"
- Headlines: ABQ City Council Withdraws Support For PNM Plan, Reduced Speed Limit On County Roads...
- Policing For Profit: Critics Say Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Unfair
- Headlines: Thousands Mark Anniversary At Trinity Site, Oil & Gas Industry PR Campaign...
New Mexico People Places and Ideas
Tue December 20, 2011
"Navajos Wear Nikes" Interview With Author Jim Kristofic
Fri. 9/8 8a: When people ask author Jim Kristofic, who is blue-eyed and brown haired, where he is from, and learn that he grew up on an Indian Reservation, they usually ask, “So are you an Indian?” In his memoir,Navajos Wear Nikes, Kristofic writes that he tries to answer this question the way his Navajo friends would, not with a simple yes or no, but with stories.
Kristofic’s stories reveal the complex world of the modern Navajo Nation, where Anglo and Navajo coexist in a tenuous truce, and his later struggles to adapt to the Anglo society that no longer feels like the one he left behind.So please join host Stephen Spitz, and author Jim Kristofic, as we explore what it is like for a White Boy to grow up in a Navajo Rez-town. Produced with the assistance of John Burgund and Joe Green.