Most Active Stories
- Hearing Examiner Rejects PNM's Plan For Coal
- Live Broadcast "Fiestas 2015"
- Headlines: ABQ City Council Withdraws Support For PNM Plan, Reduced Speed Limit On County Roads...
- Policing For Profit: Critics Say Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Unfair
- Headlines: Thousands Mark Anniversary At Trinity Site, Oil & Gas Industry PR Campaign...
Tue December 1, 2009
Los Reyes de Albuquerque - Part 3
By Paul Ingles and Genevieve Russell
Paul Ingles and Genevieve Russell
Albuquerque, NM – Since its inception in 1962, Los Reyes de Alburquerque, sustained by the musical Martinez family of Albuquerque, has been preserving and presenting the community Hispanic music of Northern New Mexico and Southern Colorado.
In addition to that, Roberto Martinez Sr. has been documenting important history with a series of remarkable contemporary ballads presented in an ancient tradition. UNM Spanish professor and folklorist Enrique Lamadrid is the narrator.
Our series -Los Reyes de Albuquerque y la Familia de Martinez -is produced by Paul Ingles and Genevieve Russell with support from the New Mexico Humanities Council and the KUNM Independent Producers Fund.
To see photographs by Genevieve Russell, hear the entire series, and get more information on the family and the group, visit the website losreyesstory.org.
An hour-long version of the program will air Sunday morning, 12/6 at 11 on KUNM.