KUNM Call In Show Thu. 3/17 8a: There are 36,000 New Mexicans who have been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease. Often they're cared for by family members who sacrifice financially and emotionally to look after their loved ones.
We'll look at the growing number of people dealing with Alzheimer's, the challenges they face, and the options they have. Do you or someone you know have Alzheimer's? Do you have questions about how to cope or where to get help? We want to hear from you.
Email email@example.com or call in live during the show.
- Vivian Martinez, caregiver
- Dr. Gary A. Rosenberg, Director of UNM Memory and Aging Center
- Myles Copeland, Secretary of New Mexico Aging & Long-Term Services Department
- Chris McCaffrey, Program Director for New Mexico Alzheimer's Association
- UNM establishes new center for Alzheimer's disease and dementia
- Screening at the Guild: STILL DREAMING, a documentary about a group of retired Broadway entertainers who put on Shakespeare’s “A Midsummer Nights Dream.”