Most Active Stories
- Hearing Examiner Rejects PNM's Plan For Coal
- Live Broadcast "Fiestas 2015"
- Headlines: ABQ City Council Withdraws Support For PNM Plan, Reduced Speed Limit On County Roads...
- Policing For Profit: Critics Say Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Unfair
- Headlines: Thousands Mark Anniversary At Trinity Site, Oil & Gas Industry PR Campaign...
Wed September 14, 2011
Live In-Studio: Mary Gauthier
Wed. 9/21 at 130pm: Tune in for a live musical serenade and interview with acclaimed Louisiana singer-songwriter Mary Gauthier. She is joined by fiddler Tania Elizabeth.
Host: Carol Boss
Mary Gauthier will be performing with Over the Rhine and Richard Shindell at the KiMo Theatre on Thursday, Sept 22nd. For show info, visit AMPConcerts
From AMP Concerts:
Mary Gauthier's most recent album, The Foundling, opened the door on the defining circumstance of her life, the emotional journey and aftermath of finding the mother who abandoned her in New Orleans after her birth. The story of The Foundling resonated across the country, literally, and was named in many year-end Top Album lists. In the Los Angeles Times, music writer Randy Lewis noted: "The acclaimed Louisiana singer and songwriter tackles the most powerful story of all?that of her own life?in this extraordinarily powerful and clear-eyed song cycle encompassing issues of abandonment, adoption, identity, blame, forgiveness and love set to music as richly diverse as the thematic content."