Most Active Stories
- Hearing Examiner Rejects PNM's Plan For Coal
- Live Broadcast "Fiestas 2015"
- Headlines: ABQ City Council Withdraws Support For PNM Plan, Reduced Speed Limit On County Roads...
- Policing For Profit: Critics Say Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Unfair
- Headlines: Thousands Mark Anniversary At Trinity Site, Oil & Gas Industry PR Campaign...
Sat October 1, 2011
Live In-Studio: Jose Conde's Nu Latin Groove
Fri. 10/7 at 2:30pm: Jose Conde and the Nu Latin Groove join host Mary B for a live performance in the KUNM studios. But don't say we didn't warn you: one dose of their positively infectious rhythms and you won't be able to keep from dancing!
In his new project and first solo eponymous CD, Jose Conde trades the Cuban tres for a vintage Gretsch guitar, for a refined and personal collection of songs clothed in electric and organic, funky world beats. Inspired by trees, elephants, dogs, sexy dresses, and love, it is a broad stretch for the Brooklyn based singer-songwriter towards music of the world, with diverse influences and colors from South Africa to Brazil to Peru etc. With humor and rhythmic phrasing undeniably and soulfully Cuban, yet uniquely Conde, the music is delivered with booty shaking grooves by his new band, the Nu Latin Groove.
Jose and the Nu Latin Groove will play that evening at 9:30 pm at the Cooperage. For more info, visit AMPConcerts
Photos of Jose Conde by Michelle Cura