KUNM Call In Show 3/16 8a: President Trump has called the press the enemy of the American people. But that attitude from government leaders is nothing new here in New Mexico. It's Sunshine Week, so we’ll be talking about the essential local stories that reporters had to fight to get, and sunlight as a disinfectant in the dark corners of power.
How important is it to you that your government doesn't operate in secret? And what does it mean when politicians blacklist media outlets or reporters after critical coverage? What do you want to know now?
We want to hear from you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call in live during the show.
- Laura Paskus, president of the local chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists
- Phaedra Haywood, reporter with the Santa Fe New Mexican
- Heath Haussamen, editor and publisher of NMpolitics.net
- Elaine Baumgartel, KUNM's news director
- Trump Calls the News Media the 'Enemy of the American People' —New York Times
- Outside The News Conference —SPJ Rio Grande Op-Ed
- Martinez on Trial —Santa Fe Reporter
- Suffering Unchecked —Santa Fe New Mexican
- Environment Department Demands Corrections To Our Toxic Plume Coverage. Here's Our Response. —KUNM
- Kirtland AFB Threatens To Limit Media Access Over Our "Cheap Shot" Coverage. Here Is Our Response. —KUNM