KUNM Call In Show 6/30 8a:
Applications to New Mexico’s medical marijuana program have been surging lately, and the state hasn’t been able to keep up. Now, with many patients waiting longer for marijuana prescriptions, the state auditor is warning the Department of Health to speed up its process or face a special audit.
Next week on the KUNM Call In Show, we’ll be talking about New Mexico’s medical cannabis program—how it works, the problems it’s had, and where patients and policymakers stand. What has your experience been with New Mexico’s medical marijuana system? Have you used marijuana to treat an illness, or had trouble applying for a prescription? We want to hear from you! Email email@example.com or call in during the show.
- State Auditor Tim Keller
- Joel White, medical marijuana patient and advocate
- Erik Briones founder of Minerva Canna Group
- David Valdez, medical cannabis consultant for New Mexico Brief Relief
- New Mexico Medical Cannabis Program website
- State Auditor Keeping An Eye On Medical Marijuana Backlog - KUNM
- State auditor to Department of Health: Pick up pace on cannabis applications - Santa Fe New Mexican
- Med Pot Secrecy to End - Santa Fe Reporter