Most Active Stories
- Searching For Answers On Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- LISTEN: All That "Other Stuff" On Your Ballot - Amendments, Advisory Questions, Bond Issues
- Headlines: Gila River Lawsuit, Virgin Galactic, APD Oversight Board, Plague...
- New Mexico's Education Performance Ranked Last In The Nation
- Headlines: AZ Behavioral Health Firm Not Viable, Gubernatorial Debate...
Mon February 15, 2010
Legislative Update for Monday with the New Mexico Independent
By Sarah Gustavus
Santa Fe, NM – State lawmakers are still pushing through their final proposals and trying to negotiate a budget for the next fiscal year with a deficit of $500 million looming over every debate in Santa Fe.
We're checking in with reporters from the online news source the New Mexico Independent every day this week to hear about some of the sorties they're following.
KUNM's Sarah Gustavus spoke with reporter Larry Behrens from the KUNM capitol studio.