Most Active Stories
- Headlines: "ABQ Stuck With Bad Officers", Struggle Over Pot Measure...
- People's Choice: Decriminalize Marijuana?
- Headlines: Candidate Campaign Cash, Las Cruces Minimum Wage...
- U.S. Surgeon General Lushniak Highlights Skin Cancer Prevention
- Veterans Share Stories Of Poor Health Care, Long Waits At VA
Tue August 14, 2012
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Tue August 14, 2012 5:38 am
Brown became famous in the 1960s with her bestseller Sex and the Single Girl. In it, she urged single women to embrace careers and sexuality. The book led to a three decades long career editing Cosmopolitan. Brown took the magazine from dowdy home and garden coverage to a saucy handbook for single women.