Most Active Stories
- Headlines: DOE Goes To WIPP, Future Of The Gila River And More...
- Headlines: UNM Reinstates Accused Players, Medical Marijuana Changes And More...
- Weekend News Roundup: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded In Albuquerque Shooting
- Headlines: NM Sheriff Arrested, ABQ School Chief Resigns And More...
- Seeing Inside APD: Albuquerque Police And Public Records
Wed May 8, 2013
"La cultura cura" - Art & Social healing
Sat. 11 May, 4 pm: Small and powerful, pequeña y poderosa, Lily Yeh uses colors to light the paths of the darkness that hidden pains, of trauma and lost freedoms. She visited our state as guest of the New Mexico Community Foundation for the project LA CULTURA CURA/The Culture cures. And she worked with young people at the La Plazita Institute, in the heart of the South Valley of Albuquerque. Two days happily ended in a big cloth with an enormous flowery tree that grows in the middle of the Rio Grande. The tree of life? The River of life? Better! The "TreeVer" of life!
Listen to this colorful interview with Lily Yeh (Barefoot Artists) and Reneé Villarreal from the New Mexico Community Foundation.
More info: www.barefootartists.org / www.nmcf.org