Most Active Stories
- Headlines: Navajo Settlement, Juntos New Mexico Petition, Rodella, Jewish Survey...
- First Ever Sex Week At UNM
- Dairy Workers Accused Of Animal Abuse
- Headlines: Sheriff Convicted, EPA Approves Energy Plan, Navajo Supreme Court Weighs In On Election
- Headlines: Rain And The NM Drought, Satan Worship, Rodella, Gas Prices In Four Corners
Public Health New Mexico
Thu May 29, 2014
Insurer To Acquire Lovelace Health Plan Customers
New Mexico's largest commercial health insurer is expanding.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico announced Wednesday it has obtained final regulatory approval for its acquisition of Lovelace Health Plan and Lovelace's Medicare Advantage contract.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico has 400,000 members, and the insurer says it'll pick up nearly 100,000 additional members from Lovelace Health Plan.
The Lovelace members include ones belonging to individual, small and large group, and self-funded employer plans, as well as its Medicare Advantage plans.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico says the transaction is expected to be complete Sunday.
This acquisition does not include Lovelace's hospitals, providers, pharmacies or clinics.