Most Active Stories
- Dairy Workers Accused Of Animal Abuse
- Will Work For Food?: SNAP And Work Requirements
- Headlines: Court OKs Pot Question, Digitizing Newspapers At UNM...
- Headlines: Alleged Animal Abuse At NM Dairy, S.F. County Sues Over Ballot...
- Headlines: Flash Floods Possible, Majority Favors Higher Minimum Wage...
Well Woman Radio
Mon September 9, 2013
Improving Birth For Moms And Babies
9/13 8a: Recently, women across the country came together in over one hundred and seventy locations for a coordinated "Rally to Improve Birth" . The idea was to increase awareness and support for evidence based maternity care. Hear from Tina Cassidy, author of Birth: the Surprising History of How We Are Born and Abigail Lannin Eaves, executive director of Dar A Luz Birth and Health Center in Albuquerque, NM, as well as mom Liz Foster, doula Sara Bautista and nurse Lauren Oberholser, as we explore birth and health outcomes for moms and babies.
The rally to Improve birth is just one of many things going on around the country to improve health outcomes for mom and baby. If we can implement the woman-centered model of care that we hear about on the show, we will reduce the incidence of birth injury, trauma, and cesarean section. The evidence tells us that mother-centered care is best for the baby. Well Woman Radio, hosted by Giovanna Rossi.