Most Active Stories
- Hearing Examiner Rejects PNM's Plan For Coal
- Live Broadcast "Fiestas 2015"
- Headlines: ABQ City Council Withdraws Support For PNM Plan, Reduced Speed Limit On County Roads...
- Policing For Profit: Critics Say Civil Asset Forfeiture Is Unfair
- Headlines: Thousands Mark Anniversary At Trinity Site, Oil & Gas Industry PR Campaign...
Mon August 25, 2014
Heavy Rain Expected In Central, Western New Mexico
More heavy rain is expected to strike New Mexico this week.
The National Weather Service says up to two inches of rain could hit the central and western parts of the state through Wednesday. Southwestern New Mexico is expected to get the heaviest amount of rain and is an area still struggling with extreme and severe drought.
Last month, heavy rains brought flooding to towns in eastern New Mexico and Albuquerque. The National Weather Service says last month was the fourth wettest July on record for New Mexico.