Most Active Stories
- Searching For Answers On Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- LISTEN: All That "Other Stuff" On Your Ballot - Amendments, Advisory Questions, Bond Issues
- Headlines: Gila River Lawsuit, Virgin Galactic, APD Oversight Board, Plague...
- New Mexico's Education Performance Ranked Last In The Nation
- Headlines: State Land Office Nears Record, APD Shooting Probe, 42 Arrested In Drug Bust...
Thu February 14, 2013
Guitar Voices fom Mali to South Africa
Fri. 2/15 10p: Vieux Farka Touré's self-titled debut album “both honors and extends the life work of his father, Ali Farka Toure," according to afropop.org Senior Editor, Banning Eyre.
We hear highlights from Vieux's New York City debut concert, an exclusive intimate live session, and an extended interview. Guitarist Shiyani Ngcobo, R.I.P., was a master of the maskanda tradition of the Zulu people of South Africa.
Fortunately we got a chance to talk with Shiyani about his long-awaited debut internationally released album and his story. He performs an informal acoustic session for Afropop Worldwide.