Most Active Stories
- Headlines: Navajo Settlement, Juntos New Mexico Petition, Rodella, Jewish Survey...
- Dairy Workers Accused Of Animal Abuse
- First Ever Sex Week at UNM
- Headlines: Sheriff Convicted, EPA Approves Energy Plan, Navajo Supreme Court Weighs In On Election
- Special Coverage: NM Secretary Of State, Attorney Gereral Candidates Face Off
Thu February 14, 2013
Guitar Voices fom Mali to South Africa
Fri. 2/15 10p: Vieux Farka Touré's self-titled debut album “both honors and extends the life work of his father, Ali Farka Toure," according to afropop.org Senior Editor, Banning Eyre.
We hear highlights from Vieux's New York City debut concert, an exclusive intimate live session, and an extended interview. Guitarist Shiyani Ngcobo, R.I.P., was a master of the maskanda tradition of the Zulu people of South Africa.
Fortunately we got a chance to talk with Shiyani about his long-awaited debut internationally released album and his story. He performs an informal acoustic session for Afropop Worldwide.