Most Active Stories
- PHOTOS: Lawyers Describe Fear Of Retaliation At Detention Center In Artesia
- Headlines: ABQ Marijuana Ballot Measure, Hazing Allegations At UNM And More...
- Headlines: Bishops Criticize Food Stamp Plan, Santa Fe Closer To Legal Marijuana And More...
- Immigrant Detention Center Not Approved By State For Childcare
- Headlines: Ballot May Not Fit ABQ Proposals, No Injuries From Gunfire Near UNM Campus And More...
Thu March 8, 2012
The Great Suburban Experiment of the 1950s: Its Promise and Collapse with Fred Setterberg
Sat. 3/10 6a: The 1950s were full of promise. The “American Dream” was seemingly within the reach of most Americans. It was a time of innocence. The economy was booming and optimism was the norm in the suburbanized post-war landscape of possibility.
But over the next twenty years, life will change for the Setterberg’s blue-collar family as tract homes proliferate, wages soar and then collapse, the inner cities burn, and another war begins in faraway place called Viet Nam.
Setterberg takes us on a journey into the ordinary lives that build a country.
Hosted by Justine Willis Toms.